Tuesday, April 3, 2012

reflecting.

Motherhood at first was a kick in the pants. Motherhood now has to be as easy as it gets. I know what my baby needs when he needs it, I know how to deal with teething children, I don't worry about how much milk he's getting and I don't stress about the small stuff nearly as much. I love that he is still crawling, I'm not sure how ready I am for him to be walking. I'll be happy to wait a few more months. I love his cute little crawl... A friend in the ward has the easiest baby I've ever seen. Even her cries are soft and sweet. Sometimes I wish I had such an easy going baby, but I have a rough and tumble baby that isn't afraid of anything (except other babies).

I'm not the kind of mom who walks around with a hand over his head to make sure he doesn't bonk it, I let him discover things and tumble without causing too much of a fuss. I feel like that and helping his sleeping habits are the two things that have made his life and my life a little less drama free. The sleeping thing took about 6 months to master, but I'm happy to say I have the perfect sleeping baby... 90% of the time. I stress about the little things. I hate when Apollo gets off routine. I like him to be put down for bed JUST SO and put down for naps JUST LIKE THIS. I'm trying to be less neurotic about it, and it gets easier as he gets older.

I used to see other people with children around the age of Apollo and wonder "When are they having their next baby?" I never realized how close 18 months was until recently. Apollo is turning one year old and he is still my baby! He's so small. The trouble with having your first child is wondering when you will have your second. How far apart is too far? How close is too close? I want my children to have playmates, not extra parents, ya know what I mean?

Anyway, this is just a jumble of thoughts, but I'm glad to be a mother.

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome mom with an awesome baby! I love that you are so open and willing to share your thoughts. It helps me know I'm not the only one who thinks certain things or feels certain ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously so true. our babies are at an easy stage huh? i remember freaking out so bad when everton was crying frantically and i didn't know what he needed. now it really is nice that i USUALLY know what he wants. and i too hate when everton is off his routine. IDK when i'll be having another chitlin. but when i see a tiny newborn i want one pronto! you are truly a great mom.

    ReplyDelete