I still haven't changed my name, so when it comes to signing up for something important like at school or work, I usually still write "Huffman" but I can't get it right. Hufman? Huffmann? Heffman. yeah... Heffmann. My signatures turn out just really weird sometimes...
We started out Christmas Eve at the Herrmann home, we drove around and looked at Christmas lights (a tradition that started because they wanted their children to STAY UP, not fall asleep at five so Christmas would come sooner... cute) we saw a huge herd of deer and another herd of ELK up my the Micron building. We opened up our PJs and all the Herrmanns stayed the night.
We woke up early so we could hit up both families' Chrismas mornings. We had so much fun, the Herrmann boys got sweet new cellphones, and I got a very nice scentsy with delicious wax to go with it. I think my in-laws really liked their gifts.
We then went over to my parents house and opened our gifts, I got a gift certificate to the mall, some snowboarding goggles and mittens, Aaron got a sweet Jazz jersey, and we also got the Wii fit plus! yeah! now we can use the balance board for the snowboarding game we have.
It was a long day until we got home to do our own Christmas in our little messy apartment. I got Aaron a new pair of PF flyers (kind of like chucks) and he was so EXCITED when he saw the box. He gave me one of those Sony Readers! I love those things! It came with Pride and predjudice on it, so I've been slipping it in my purse and reading it whenever I have a chance.
It was a great Herfmann family Christmas...
I feel so spoiled...
This time of year last year was just before I met Aaron, before the best time of my life had started. We met at exactly the right moment (and only by chance we hadn't met sooner). My life changed from then on. I don't know how things happened sometimes, it feels and felt like we have been guided to get to where we are now. I love this little two unit family that I have to care for. I love the support of marriage. The blessings from it are so intense. I've never felt so secure.
And man, can I mention the atoning power of Christ?
1. The floor is covered with my little craft project last night
2. Our mini Christmas tree is adorable.
3. I wrapped that basketball under the tree. There's no surprise with that gift.
4. I told Aaron to take his shirt off.
5. I sometimes realize that these little moments are what we'll remember when we're older, Aaron playing video games while I'm reading Adventures in Babywearing and Nienie Dialogues wondering what kind of mother I'll be one day.
6. After a stressful week, wishing and wondering what our life will be like after college and all these other seemingly long periods of time, I suddenly remember that we're simply kids playing house.